A Little of this and that.....

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Another Apron Swap - Yeah!!


Shawnee over at the Flirty Apron Swap is hosting another apron swap that I just had to join! I mean I love aprons and I also love Fall so it was 2 of my favorite things so of course I had to jump right over and join.

I really need another apron like I need a hole in my head but I just couldn't help myself. I've been trying not to join any swaps lately, and I haven't for quite some time, but I just did it anyways. I already got my swap partner's information about her likes and dislikes and her preference for what style of an apron she would like me to make. So I'm making a full bib style apron with a ruffle and a pocket.

Finding the fabric was fun. I couldn't believe it when I found what I wanted at my first fabric stop. I had a lot of different choices to pick from. She didn't want a Halloween apron, and would prefer a more Thanksgiving or Fall type apron, so that is what I chose for her. I think she'll like it. It is a Debbie Mumm fabric with little pumpkins all over it and a cute border of a bunch of squirrels wearing pilgrims hats and holding pumpkins. It is so cute! I'm also using the border part of the fabric for the ties and for the pocket.

Now I need to go and finish finding all the little tuck in gifts to go with it. I'm planning on making her a pumpkin pincushion in addition to a few other things I plan on making for her. I'll post a picture when I get it finished!

No comments: