A Little of this and that.....

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring and Easter Banner

Well I am participating in a 2 different swaps for Spring and Easter so I decided to make a reversible banner as part of my tuck-ins for the swaps. I received a Silhouette Machine for Christmas so I wanted to try it out on this craft. I ran cardstock through the Silhouette machine to cut out all the letters I would need for the reversible Easter and the Spring banners.

I cut enough of the same size rectangular shapes out of coordinating patterned paper to use as the outside of my banner. I cut up and used my empty cereal boxes to sandwich between the patterned paper to give my banner some weight and structure.

I also used the Silhouette machine to cut out a white design to use as the backdrop for my letters. I thought the patterned paper kind of made the letter blend into the background and the white made the letters pop out.

I made one side of the banner to say Spring and then I can flip the banner over and it says Easter. I used a special paper punch that made little slits on each side of the individual flags that hold the letters for the banner. That way I could string white ribbon through the entire banner so that I could hang it up to display it. I had so much fun making this that I ended up using a different color way and made another 3 banners out of that patterned paper. So it took me about a total of 1 1/2 hours to do all of the cutting and gluing and stringing but I made a total of 5 banners. The one I decided to keep for myself is of the lighter patterned paper. I thought it looked cute hanging above my kitchen window.

So 2 of the banners are going out to my swap partners and the other 2 I made as gifts for my daughter and daughter-in-law. I think they will look cute in their houses also!

I'm linking up with Cindy at My Romantic Home.
www.romantichome.blogspot.com

and Wendy at The Shabby Nest
www.shabbynest.blogspot.com
and Jennifer at Tatertots and Jello
www.tatertotsandjelloblogspot.com

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Very cute.

Holiday Snob said...

What a good idea to make it reversible! Stopping by from Shabby Nest!

Karie said...

Very clever and cute. Thanks for sharing. Karie

Paula said...

These are so cute! Your partner is one lucky lady~

Michelle said...

That is adorable! I love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comment on my DIY vintage cans!

Unknown said...

Very nice. Love the colors!

Olivia said...

Hi there! I just found your blog! Your banners are darling! Love em.
Hugs,
Olivia

Mary Lea said...

These are so sweet! Reversible...how fun!

jennifer robin said...

What a great idea!! You are so talented!!!!