A Little of this and that.....

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Apron Swap and Easter Basket Swap

I love swaps! I love aprons and I love Easter baskets so I signed up for a swap for each. Sue over at Country Pleasures is hosting the Spring Apron Swap and friends Alli and Paula are hosting the Easter Basket Swap at Perhaps Today or On A Rainy Night.

For the Spring Apron Swap you are suppose to hand craft an apron, full or half depending on your swap partner's preference, and include at least 2 tuck ins. Tuckins are simply goodies to tag along with your apron and they should match the theme. Some suggestions were coffee, tea's, mugs, tea towels, etc. Although the deadline to join is already past the aprons need to be mailed out by the 15th of March. So I have a few days to get my stuff together and get it all packed and on its way to my swap partner Mary Ann. This isn't a blind swap so Mary Ann and I have sent a few emails back and forth getting to know each other. It's great that she is also a fellow quilter as that makes me feel a little bit more confident as to what to send to her.

For the Easter Basket Swap I have to send a basket to my partner and include at least one Easter decoration - what kind of decoration is up to me and my partners likes. I also need to include an Easter card. I am also to include some type of chocolate or other yummy candy. I also need to send something that signifies Easter to my partner and I can include and other goodies that I think my partner will enjoy. The idea is to pamper your partner. At least one of my items that I send has to be homemade. I have to have this in the mail before April 4th.

So I need to get my thinking cap on real soon and get busy sewing and crafting up some great goodies for these nice two ladies. I don't know who has my name for the Easter Basket Swap so that part is still a surprise.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Oh, I'm so excited about our apron swap, Donna!! There's a white out blizzard here today, so am I ever glad I got yours out in the mail to you before that hit! Any sneak peek pics for me? :-)
Mary Ann from rocknquilts